At Fuse Events Limited, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website you adhere to this statement and our privacy policies.
If you have subscribed to the World Social Marketing newsletter or attended an event that we have managed (which required delegates to provide personal data during registration) we also outline how we use this data, where it is stored and how it is processed in the relevant sections below.
Any questions regarding this statement and our privacy practices relating to this website or event management (including registration) should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding our privacy practices relating to the World Social Marketing newsletter should be sent by email to email@example.com
Who are we?
We’re Fuse Events Limited, we are a full service events management agency based in the UK, as well as managing a range of events on behalf of our clients we also own and manage the World Social Marketing event series which includes the World Social Marketing Conference, European Social Marketing Conference and UK Social Marketing Conference.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, when you subscribe to World Social Marketing newsletter, when you register to attend any event which we manage or when you contact us about products and services.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect via our website may include your name, email address (if submitting a contact request), IP address and information regarding what pages of our website are accessed and when.
If you register online to attend an event which we manage, purchase exhibition space at an event or purchase sponsorship, we may request further details such as job title, organisation name, personal or business address, payment details, dietary requirements and any access requirements you may have. Any payment details processed as part of event registration, sponsorship or exhibition sales are not held or retained by Fuse Events Limited, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, Stripe and BlueSnap, who specialise in secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
If you subscribe to the World Social Marketing newsletter we will request that you provide us with your email address, name, organisation and country of origin. Only your email address and country of origin are mandatory requirements for subscription.
How is your information used?
We collect this information when you register for an event via one of our online registration forms or when you submit a contact request to this website. We use the information you provided to reply to your contact request or to help us process your booking for any of the events that we manage. We may use your information to:
- Process your registration for any World Social Marketing event
- Process your registration for any event which we are managing on behalf of a client (where we are acting as an authorised processor on behalf of a client full details will be given regarding the collection, use and storage of your data by the Data Controller / Owner within the terms and conditions of each event registration page)
- Dealing with product and service enquiries directed to us via our website
- Seek your views or comments on the services and products we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- These may include information about the World Social Marketing event series
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
How long do we keep your information?
Fuse Events Limited will not keep your information for longer than is necessary.
- Details provided to us via our website will be retained for 24 months
- Subscribers to the World Social Marketing newsletter will be asked to re-confirm their subscription and relevant consent every 24 months
- In the pursuance of providing event management services for clients and the World Social Marketing event series we shall only retain personal details required to carry out necessary planning, production and event management tasks up to the event date(s) and for up to 6 weeks after the event for the purposes of reconciliation, or if legally required or if it is necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud or abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time beyond this 6 week period as required
- If, as a delegate at a client event, you provide active consent to receive further correspondence from them any and all use of your personal data and its storage shall be governed by the relevant terms and conditions outlined during the registration process. No such data shall be retained or otherwise processed by Fuse Events Limited
Who has access to your information?
Fuse Events Limited will not sell or rent your personal information gathered as a result of visiting this website, submitting a contact request form or completing a registration for an event that we manage to anyone.
Fuse Events Limited will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third party service providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors, and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing service to you on our behalf (for example to distribute the World Social Marketing newsletter, process registration and payments for events or provide hotels/venues with your dietary or accommodation needs). However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires us to transfer this information to them securely, for them to keep your information secure at all times and not to use it or otherwise retain it for their own use. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have explicitly requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
To process registrations we use EventsAir as our preferred events management software, more information can be found about their privacy policies here.
To manage and distribute the World Social Marketing newsletter we use MailChimp, by subscribing to this mailing list you give consent for us to store any information you provide within this system for the explicit purpose of distrusting this newsletter. More information can be found about their privacy policies here.
Choosing how we use your data
You have a choice about whether you wish to or not wish to receive information from us. Fuse Events Limited will only contact those who have given explicit and clear consent to be contacted for marketing purposes by selecting the relevant box on our website which is part of our general contact form.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently receive the World Social Marketing newsletter you may update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time using the links provided at the bottom of each newsletter or by visiting this page to update your settings. Only those who have actively subscribed to this newsletter will receive it, subscriptions are gathered via the World Social Marketing website, via active consent requests during event registration and through affiliate links on third party websites all of which will direct you to our central subscription page which contains clear active consent requests.
If you feel you are receiving this email in error, or have any queries about the newsletter or your preferences please contact email@example.com
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to:
- Change and/or update the information we hold about you
- Have the information we hold about you deleted
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you
- If you would like to change, delete, or request a copy of your information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Fuse Events Ltd, Trent Business Park, Eastern Avenue, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6RR
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails. Once you do this you will no longer receive emails from us
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under and exercise other data access rights in accordance with the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information hold about you or have any other queries please write to Fuse Events Limited, Trent Business Park, Eastern Avenue, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6RR or email us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, using the contact details above.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details and invoice details) is encrypted and protected. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but it is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services we offer to clients, and in the undertaking of and managing events outside the EU, the information which you provide to us (either by general enquiry or via event registration) may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any servers used by EventsAir or MailChimp are located in a country outside of the EU, or if a venue/hotel or third party supplier based outside the EU requires such data to fulfil or provide services required in pursuance of an event outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated May 2018.