SUBMISSION DEADLINE 28th June 2019
“Influencing behaviour for social good”
Embracing cross disciplinary solutions, new thinking and co-creation
Do you have an inspiring Social Marketing or behaviour change story to tell?
If you have a great case study, piece of research or on-going project you want to share with the behaviour change community then we encourage you to submit an abstract to the conference. Are you trying to change behaviours for the better and using marketing or communication as a part of that? If yes, then we want to hear from you! Help inspire others, share knowledge and drive forward best practice in Social Marketing by sharing your work at NASMC 2019.
Making a submission is easy
The conference committee are inviting research, panel, discussion and practice submissions as well as interactive sessions and poster proposals.
Submissions from; NGO’s, Government and government agencies, academic staff, students, the not for profit sector, social enterprises, and the for-profit sector are welcome under any of the following six submission types.
- Research / evaluation submissions
(20 minute presenation)
- Intervention / case study submissions
(20 minute presenation)
- Interactive session / workshop submissions
(45 minute interactive session)
- Conceptual / theoretical / submissions
(20 minute presenation)
- Discussion / panel session submissions
(45 - 60 minute session)
- Poster submissions
Guidance documents and submission templates are available below to help make your submission as easy as possible.
What happens if my submission is accepted?
- Research, intervention and conceptual submissions will be granted a 20-minute time-slot in the conference programme to make their presentation
- Submissions which propose workshop, interactive or sessions will be granted 45-minute time-slots in the conference programme
- A small number of panel sessions will be accepted, each granting aeither a 45-minute or 60 minute session in the conference programme
- Accepted poster submissions will be granted a place to display their work at the event within the main networking area
The NASMC conference organising committee would be delighted to receive submissions with a clear Social Marketing perspective focused on any of the following tracks;
- Global climate change, environment protection, overconsumption and sustainability
- Reducing the impact of addiction including substance misuse, alcohol, tobacco and gambling
- Interdisciplinary and cross sector action to influence behaviour for social good
- Assessing, implementing and understanding the use of digital media, social media platforms and technological advances for positive behaviour change
- Using citizen focused design thinking, participative design, actor engagement and co-creation
- Creating and advocating for community-based social marketing programs
- The application of new approaches and techniques in social marketing
- Promoting equality and reducing inequality
How do I make a submission?
STEP 1: Please take a moment to download and read the guidance for each submission type
STEP 2: Download a submission template relevant to your submission
- Research / evaluation submission template
- Intervention / case study submission template
- Interactive session / workshop submission template
- Conceptual / theoretical / submission template
- Discussion / panel session submission template
- Poster submission template
STEP 3: Complete the submission template with your work!
- Follow the instructions within the submission template and guidelines as closely as possible.
- DO NOT include the names of the paper author(s) or organisation names on your template or include a cover note unless requested. These papers will be blind reviewed, and all author details will be collected as part of your online submission.
- The completed template will make up the main part of your submission and it is this document (and any further attachments) which will be reviewed.
- Please also provide a brief summary of your submission in EasyChair. Extra covering information / contextual information must be included within the relevant section of the submission templates provided.
STEP 4: Once your submission template is complete, follow the 'submit your paper' link below and create a user account on EasyChair
- It is best that the person who is most likely to present the paper (if accepted) do this so that they receive future email correspondence about their submission. Extra correspondence contacts for your submission can be added within EasyChair if you are submitting this paper on behalf of another author / colleague.
STEP 5: Complete your submission details within EasyChair and attach your completed submission template
- Ensure that the most accurate and complete information is provided in EasyChair to accompany your submission document.
At World Social Marketing we aim to maintain a high quality of work presented at our events and all submissions will be subject to blind peer review by at least two reviewers. Final acceptance decisions will be made by appointed track chairs and the overall review chairs.
If you have any questions about making a submission, please contact the conference team at NorthAm@wsmconference.com
Please click the link below to begin the submission process.