FINAL EXTENSION > LAST CALL FOR PAPERS DEADLINE - NOW FRIDAY 27th JANUARY 2023
Post-conference publishing opportunities
The conference planning team are pleased to confirm that two esteemed journals have agreed to collaborate with the conference to host curated issues / collections within their publication made up of successfully reviewed and accepted papers from the conference. Both Social Marketing Quarterly (Sage) and the Journal of Health Communication (Taylor and Francis) are proud to be our post-conference publishing partners. Only successfully reviewed and presented (at the live event) submissions will become eligible to take part in these special issues.
As with other events organised in partnership with World Social Marketing the submission review process will be rigorous and maintain standards of quality. Every submission will be double-blind reviewed by social marketing and /or behaviour and social change experts and only accepted for presentation if deemed of being sufficient quality.
All successfully reviewed and accepted submissions will be published in the conference proceedings book and an ISBN number will be secured.
MAKE A SUBMISSION NOW
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AS SOON AS THEY ARE RECEIVED. OUR AIM IS TO GIVE AUTHORS REVIEW DECISIONS WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF MAKING THEIR SUBMISSION.
Do you have an inspiring Social Marketing, SBCC or behaviour change project to share?
If you have a great case study, piece of research or on-going project you want to share with the behaviour change community then we encourage you to submit an abstract to the conference. Are you working in Africa or on prorammes in the region and trying to change behaviours for the better? Are you using marketing or communication as a part of that? If yes then we want to hear from you!
Help inspire others, share knowledge and drive forward best practice in Social Marketing by sharing your work at AFSMAC 2023.
Making a submission is easy
The conference committee are inviting research, conceptual, discussion and practice submissions as well as interactive sessions and poster proposals.
Submissions from; NGO’s, Government and government agencies, academic staff, students, the not for profit sector, social enterprises, and the for-profit sector are welcome under any of the following five submission types.
- Research / evaluation submissions
- Intervention / case study submissions
- Interactive session / workshop submissions
- Conceptual / theoretical / discussion submissions
- Poster submissions
Guidance documents and submission templates are available below to help make your submission as easy as possible.
What happens if my submission is accepted?
- Research and intervention submissions will be granted a 20 minute time-slot in the conference programme to make a presentation
- Conceptual and discussion submissions will be granted a 30 minute time-slot in the conference programme
- Submissions which propose workshop or interactive sessions will be granted 45 minute time-slots
- Accepted poster submissions will be granted a place to display their work at the event within the main networking areas
The WSMC conference organising committee would be delighted to receive submissions with a clear Social Marketing perspective focused on any of the following tracks;
- Promoting Health – Global and Local
- Combating mis- and disinformation
- Reducing crime, addressing Inter-personal violence (IPV), people trafficking, promoting safety, security and social cohesion
- Promoting equity and equality
- Global climate change, environment protection, over consumption and sustainability
- Digital and technological impact on social behaviour. New platforms and techniques, programme implementation and government policy
- Interdisciplinary and cross-sector action to influence behaviour for social good, encourage community engagement and well-being
- Learning from Africa on advancing theory, research and practice in social marketing and behavioural influence
- General / Other
How do I make a submission?
STEP 1: Please take a moment to download and read the guidance for each submission type
- Research / evaluation guidance
- Intervention / case study guidance
- Interactive session / workshop guidance
- Conceptual / theoretical / discussion guidance
- Poster guidance
STEP 2: Download a submission template relevant to your submission
- Research / evaluation submission template
- Intervention / case study submission template
- Interactive session / workshop submission template
- Conceptual / theoretical / discussion submission template
- Poster submission template
STEP 3: Complete the submission template with your work!
- Follow the instructions within the submission template and guidelines as closely as possible.
- DO NOT include the names of the paper author(s) or organisation names on your template or include a cover note unless requested. These papers will be blind reviewed and all author details will be collected as part of your online submission.
- The completed template will make up the main part of your submission and it is this document (and further attachment if submitting a poster) which will be reviewed.
- Please provide a brief abstract or summary of your submission in EasyChair. Extra covering information / contextual information must be included within the relevant section of the submission templates provided.
STEP 4: Once your submission template is complete, follow the 'submit your paper' link below and create a user account on EasyChair
- It is best that the person who is most likely to present the paper (if accepted) do this so that they receive future email correspondence about their submission. Extra correspondence contacts for your submission can be added within EasyChair if you are submitting this paper on behalf of another author / colleague.
STEP 5: Complete your submission details within EasyChair and attach your completed submission template
Ensure that the most accurate and complete information is provided in EasyChair to accompany your submission document.
The conference aims to maintain a high quality of work presented at the conference all submissions will be subject to blind peer review by at least two reviewers. Final acceptance decisions will be made by the overall review chairs.
If you have any questions about making a submission please contact the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please log on to the link below to begin the submission process: