“Influencing behaviour for social good”
Embracing cross disciplinary solutions, new thinking and co-creation
The official deadline for submissions to the conference has now passed.
If you have an agreed extension with the conference team you may still use the link below to process your submission. Any submissions made from authors who have not agreed extensions will be rejected.
Do you have an inspiring Social Marketing or behaviour change story to tell?
If you have a great case study, piece of research or on-going project you want to share with the behaviour change community then we encourage you to submit an abstract to the conference. Are you trying to change behaviours for the better and using marketing or communication as a part of that? If yes then we want to hear from you! Help inspire others, share knowledge and drive forward best practice in Social Marketing by sharing your work at WSMC 2019.
Making a submission is easy
The conference committee are inviting research, conceptual, discussion and practice submissions as well as interactive sessions and poster proposals.
Submissions from; NGO’s, Government and government agencies, academic staff, students, the not for profit sector, social enterprises, and the for-profit sector are welcome under any of the following five submission types.
- Research / evaluation submissions
- Intervention / case study submissions
- Interactive session / workshop submissions
- Conceptual / theoretical / discussion submissions
- Poster submissions
Guidance documents and submission templates are available below to help make your submission as easy as possible.
What happens if my submission is accepted?
- Research, intervention and conceptual submissions will be granted a 20 minute time-slot in the conference programme to make their presentation
- Submissions which propose workshop, interactive or discussion sessions will be granted 45 minute time-slots in the conference programme
- Accepted poster submissions will be granted a place to display their work at the event within the main networking area
The WSMC conference organising committee would be delighted to receive submissions with a clear Social Marketing perspective focused on any of the following tracks;
- Promoting global health and reducing the global impact of disease through behavioural influence
- Critical Social Marketing
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Reducing crime, promoting safety, security and social cohesion
- Promoting equality and reducing inequality
- Promoting and safeguarding financial literacy and wellbeing
- Global climate change, environment protection, over consumption and sustainability
- Reducing the impact of addiction including substance, misuse alcohol, tobacco and gambling
- Interdisciplinary and cross sector action to influence behaviour for social good
- Advancing theory, research in social marketing and behavioural influence
- Using systems thinking to solve complex societal problems and influence social policy
- Digital and technological impact on social behaviour. Programme implementation and government policy
- Using citizen focused design thinking, participative design, actor engagement and co-creation
How do I make a submission?
STEP 1: Please take a moment to download and read the guidance for each submission type
- Research / evaluation guidance
- Intervention / case study guidance
- Interactive session / workshop guidance
- Conceptual / theoretical / discussion guidance
- Poster guidance
STEP 2: Download a submission template relevant to your submission
- Research / evaluation submission template
- Intervention / case study submission template
- Interactive session / workshop submission template
- Conceptual / theoretical / discussion submission template
- Poster submission template
STEP 3: Complete the submission template with your work!
- Follow the instructions within the submission template and guidelines as closely as possible.
- DO NOT include the names of the paper author(s) or organisation names on your template or include a cover note unless requested. These papers will be blind reviewed and all author details will be collected as part of your online submission.
- The completed template will make up the main part of your submission and it is this document (and further attachment if submitting a poster) which will be reviewed.
- Please provide a brief abstract or summary of your submission in EasyChair. Extra covering information / contextual information must be included within the relevant section of the submission templates provided.
STEP 4: Once your submission template is complete, follow the 'submit your paper' link below and create a user account on EasyChair
- It is best that the person who is most likely to present the paper (if accepted) do this so that they receive future email correspondence about their submission. Extra correspondence contacts for your submission can be added within EasyChair if you are submitting this paper on behalf of another author / colleague.
STEP 5: Complete your submission details within EasyChair and attach your completed submission template
Ensure that the most accurate and complete information is provided in EasyChair to accompany your submission document.
The World Social Marketing Conference aims to maintain a high quality of work presented at the conference all submissions will be subject to blind peer review by at least two reviewers. Final acceptance decisions will be made by appointed track chairs and the overall review chairs Prof Jeff French, Prof Sally Dibb, Prof Rebekah Russell-Bennet and Luke van der Beeke.
If you have any questions about making a submission please contact the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please log on to the link below to begin the submission process: