An event to bring together anyone working to encourage and enable positive health, social and environmental change
What will happen at the conference
New ideas and evidence will be presented by thought leaders, practitioners, students and those with a passion for making positive behaviour change happen in their community, through their business or through the application of impactful and insightful projects.
The event will bring together practitioners, academics, policy makers, researchers and industry experts to explore and create moments of exchange around a range of live social issues.
9.00 - 10.00 > NETWORKING
Registration > Topic focused discussions, exhibition and networking over coffee in UN SDG theme zones:
- Health / wellbeing
- Climate action
- Reducing poverty
- Equality and diversity
10.00 - 11.00 > NEW WAYS OF THINKING
- Event welcome from University of Brighton
- Why are we here?: The opportunity for ‘good’ - Sarah Cork, UOB
- A shift in marketing focus - video interview with Philip Kotler
- A social marketing approach to delivering social impact- Professor Jeff French
- Authenticity and delivering impact – John Drummond, Corporate Culture
11.00 - 11.30 > NETWORKING
11.30 - 13.00 > NEW WAYS OF DOING
Specialists introduce ‘techniques’ to apply to delivery of social impact and participants share examples, questions, challenges, learnings and ideas for action.
Participants choose 2 sessions from:
- Models for Partnership Working
- Measuring social impact and developing the business case
- Behavioural insights & influence -application and limitations of behavioural sciences and nudging
- Actionable digital insights – using PAEI (Publicly Available Electronic Information) - making it actionable and achievable
- Co-creation & Design thinking
- Social Marketing - collaboration for impact and authenticity
14.00 - 14.45 >
SOCIAL PURPOSE MARKETING IN PRACTICE
- "Speeding up change, through private-public partnerships"
Rohan Chindooroy, Economist, Regulatory & Public Policy, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- "The Social Good in Pandora's Box"
James Patrick, Director of SOCINT
14.50 - 15.30 > NEW IDEAS & CONNECTIONS
From Knowledge to Action
Facilitated groups by UN SDG theme areas putting new knowledge into practice discussing challenges, opportunities for action and developing partnerships for action.
15.30 - 16.00 > GOING FORWARD
Plenary session to share opportunities identified and partnerships. And explore and define role and format for network to support the opportunities identified.